Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hypnotist mania

Thursday, May 28th was an "unforgetable" night for many of the dorm residences as a special guest put a magical spell on some local faces making them now simply "unforgetable".

Everyone enjoys watching their friends make fools of themselves but when the tables are turned no one enjoys being the bud of the joke. For some, "who shall not be named" this was a reality this past Thursday as CSULB dorming residents were treated to a celebrity hypnotist show. Organized by Nicholas Cvjetkovic and Elise Prado the show was received well by a large audience from all the dorms; Residences Buildings, Los Cerritos, Los Alamitos, International House, Parkside and Residental Learning College.

Many came to see the lure of the hypnotist for his two hour show featuring many housing guests. Volunteers were told to do everything from bark like a dog, dance with fellow participants, take off their shirts (guys only), sleep on command and of course perform a glee musical.

Many residents enjoyed simply watching the show from afar prefering not to be involved in the action. "This is my third time watching the show, and I never seem to get bored, there's always something new," said Rebecca Seggy, audience member and International House resident.

Above: image showcasing a hypnotist's allure.
Photographer unknown, taken from article by Jim Edwards.
I must admit I was highly skeptical and I only went to see what the commotion was all about and I was impressed with the quality of the show in terms of entertainment. After the show I asked the hynotist who was featured on the show "Myth Busters" but it was no suprise I was not affected. The show is definitely a great laugh and I recommend it to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment