Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MORP - GLOW ALL OUT

This past Friday, May 8 residents from the dorms were able to bring out their brightest and most sparkly outfits as CSULB housing celebrated it's first MORP PROM of the academic year. 

We are all guilty of having some fluro colours in our back drawer and sparkly headbands hidden somewhere amongst our "sensible" attire. But students living at the residential housing were able to proudly display their most "glowing" outfit and with an excellent excuse, if I may say so. After the Valentine's Day dance the MORP; Glow all out prom dance was the next biggest dance event, and it got many residents excited. I was able to attend this event which if I may say so, was organized greatly from the decorations, professional DJ's, array of foods and mocktails provided throughout the night. I decided to interview one of the Residential Assistant's responsible for holding the event and two attendees, who I thought were definitely on fire on the d-floor. 

 Tait Kilgore at the MORP.
Kilgore is one of three event organizers.
Photo by Mark Kristick.
TAIT KILGORE - EVENT ORGANIZER

I chose to plan MORP! I held signups in the dining hall for two weeks and I made flyers and a facebook invite so I was expecting a lot of people. It ended up being a really big success so im very happy about the turn out. It's hard to get people to come to sober events these days in college at 8 p.m. so if I could change anything, I wish more people would have come. There isn't too much I would have done differently. It was everything I planned for. I think students would have enjoyed it more than they thought they would. But im very happy and glad its over now.
AARON WONG - ATTENDEE, RESIDES P BUILDING

Left: Aaron Wong at the MORP event.
Photo by Mark Kristick.

I decided to attend because my friend Tait was the one who put it all together. It was well advertised and clearly communicated. It was an extremely fun and safe environment and it was only $1. What I liked most about this event were definitely the DJ's we hired. The DJ's usually make or break the party but they were awesome. There was a good music flow throughout the entire night starting with the electric/house transitioning into top 40's and hip hop and people just kept dancing. I don't think there was anything else they could have done to improve the event other than keep it going longer. It was very successful.
Hilary Rayome dancing at the
 MORP event.
Photo by Pbalo J. Barillas Photography.

HILARY RAYOME - ATTENDEE, RESIDES A BUILDING

I personally love to dance so the music and lights were my favorite part as it sets everyone at ease enough to come alive on the dance floor and have a good time (the mock-tails were a good idea as well).  I was actually pleasantly surprised with the fact that they had enough cups and food to last through the whole event which generally would be what I would say our events need to improve on the most, but instead they actually carried everything thing off really well and we didn't run out. So, I guess if I have to say something for improvement, it would have been fun to have had more black lights to make people glow more and if we did, it also would have been fun to have glow paints we could put on under such black lights.

Overall, the event went well and despite it being scheduled to run only till 11 p.m. guests were  dancing till midnight so it was well received. Professional photographer, Pablo J. Barrillas was in attendance, check out some of his photos on on his album on Facebook > MORP - April 8th 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment